Terms & Conditions
FOB REINFRO STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE Note: All costs related to tests required in the quoted specifications will be the sole responsibility of the Customer. Budgetary Quote. 1.- Warranty. We warrant that our coating and finishes shall meet specifications stated on the front of this quotation, and that such coating and finishes shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. We are not responsible for defects in material or workmanship, which are the result of: • Substrate imperfections, changes in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing or fabrication imperfections; • Defective plating or other finish on materials or merchandise previously plated or finished by others • Any special or experimental processing or finishing • Our undertaking to finish any base material below our agreed-upon standard (nevertheless reserving, at our option, the right to reject or charge extra for such material). • Any defects attributable to customer specified methods and procedures; or • Any factor beyond our reasonable control. WE EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
2. Tooling. The prices on this quotation consider an upfront deposit tooling investment of no less than 10% of annual quoted sales every 3 years of project life. Tooling will be quoted during part introduction process and could be higher. This fee doesn't include tool design which will the property of Reinfro. if customer whises to maintain ownership of the dising a separate tooling quote must be requested.
3. Quality accomplishment. Thickness The nominal thickness must be the average of the minimum microns according to specification. • Considering a maximum of 3 readings on significant surfaces• The customer will define the point of measurement (areas in the Part number) if customer is not able to define areas of measure, REINFRO will do it.
Appearance will not be considered as a rejection or subject to any penalty the following process indicators, unless they are described in the drawing and / or specification and previously agreed in writing and visual aids within the cosmetics section · Hanger marks by tooling that obstructs the coating · Iridescence or "Rainbow Effect" such as Reds, Purples, Blues, Yellows, Greens, etc…that comes from the Passivation Coating in. · Black spots under 1 mm, and up to three points per area of 2 square inches are considered acceptable, unless it is requested by the client. Assembly runoffs are not considered as critical to quality characteristic and subject to rejection.
4. Shrinkage. The permitted shrinkage factor (including scrap or unaccounted for parts) shall be 2% unless expressly stated otherwise in this quotation. In the event shrinkage exceeds the permitted rate, the customer shall be given credit for the cost of such parts in excess of that rate, but in an amount not to exceed 150% of the quoted per-part paint price. REINFRO WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMER STATED PART VALUE UNLESS CUSTOMER STATES VALUE UP FRONT AND INSURANCE FOR PARTS IS QUOTED IN THIS PROPOSAL. REINFRO WILL TAKE AS PART VALUE ONLY 150% OF THE QUOTED SERVICE PRICE FOR THE PART. No claim for shrinkage in excess of the permitted rate will be allowed unless made in writing and presented or mailed to us within three days after receipt of parts by the customer or the customer’s consignee to whom the parts were delivered.
5. Warranty Claims. Any material or merchandise found, upon our inspection. To be improperly processed by us will be refinished without charge provided:
• Notice of the defect is given ten working days from the date of delivery. • We are given the opportunity to inspect the material or merchandise prior to return. • A return material authorization control number (RMA) is obtained from us for the return of material or merchandise. • Materials or merchandise returned is in the same condition as when originally shipped by us.
6. Exclusive Remedies. OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO CREDITING CUSTOMER FOR EXCESS SCRAP AND REFINISHING DEFECTIVE PARTS AS SET FORTH IN PARAGRAPHS 2 AND 3. ABOVE, RESPECTIVELY, WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO BE CUSTOMER’S REMEDIES. WE SHALL HAVE NO OTHER LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, NOR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, LOSS TO MERCHANDISE OR MATERIAL WHILE IN TRANSIT TO OR FROM OUR FACTORY; LOSS DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCIDENTS, THEFTS, FIRES, WARS, SHORTAGES OF MATERIALS OR EQUIPMENT, CASUALTIES, ACTS OF GOD, STRIKES AND BOYCOTTS (WHETHER OCCURRING AT A FACTORY OF OURS, THE CUSTOMER’S, A SUPPLIER OR ANY THIRD PARTY).
7. Cancellation. In the event of customer’s cancellation of order, the customer shall reimburse us for the work completed and work in process, for tooling, paint materials, and engineering expenses incurred in connection with such order (including costs associated with necessary minimum purchases and disposal costs).
8. Payment Lien. All customer’s merchandise in our possession shall be subject to a general lien for all monies owing by the customer to us, whether or not due or payable, and whether or not such monies are owing to us for work, labor or services rendered, or materials or equipment used in connection with such merchandise.
9. Packaging. During storage and transportation of customer’s material or merchandise, customer’s containers, dunnage and packaging used for delivery to us shall be used for reshipment. Packing requirements and instructions are required to assure proper packing of materials and merchandise. Containers, dunnage, packaging and merchandise and materials are at the customer’s risk. Packaging quotations will be provided based on customer design, specifications, and instructions for the procurement of packing components.
10. Finance Charges. Invoices unpaid on the due date shall be considered delinquent and shall thereafter be subject to a FINANCE CHARGE computed at the rate of 3% per month or part thereof. delinquent accounts will on hold and any release upon Reinfro discretion will incur an administrative fee of $0.99 USD per document released while the account is in hold.
11. Commercial Code. The transaction contemplated by this quotation shall constitute the sale of goods and, as such, be governed by the Laws of the State of Texas.
12. Modification. The provisions hereof constitute the entire agreement between the parties. Any changes, alterations, waivers, or modifications with respect either as to the job performed or the terms of sale, or any other matter set forth herein must be in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of our company. These terms and conditions shall apply to this and any future order for the processing of any materials of merchandise, unless issued pursuant to a new written quotation.
13. Inflation. Each year the price will be adjusted according to inflation by mutual agreement.
14. Acceptance of quotation. Customer’s acceptance of this quotation is expressly limited to the terms and conditions set forth herein.